Monday, January 26, 2015

Very critical for an entrepreneur

In Infosys, I brought certain beliefs to the table and my colleagues were kind enough to accept them. First, I only believe in the bottomline. I don't believe in topline. For me, if you are running a business, you have to be the most profitable business in that industry. From Day One, that is the way I have operated. Second, to me, every decision has to be based on verifiable data, fact and models. That's why, in our acquisition strategy, I had laid a set of conditions and said that unless those filters were met, we would not go further. Last but not least, I always believed in recruiting people who were smarter than me. I realised that if I start recruiting people who were less smart than me, and they started recruiting people who were less smart than they were, then before you can say Jack Robinson, the company would be full of idiots.

I am a man in a hurry. For me, speed is of the greatest importance. I realised pretty early in my career that speed is extremely important, especially in a growing economy like India. So even today, every decision I take as a chairman has to be completed by 5.30 pm. My deadlines are always in hours.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment