Monday, November 2, 2015

Chetan Parikh - ISB value investing summit

“Delta”, in investing, is a term that my friend and an investor whose ideas I respect, Dileep Madgavkar, introduced me to. Don’t look only at the fundamentals, but look at the changes, the deltas, in fundamentals.It’s just not changes in margins or changes in returns on capital employed, but even changes in intangibles such as the size of the moat. Markets rerate and derate on “deltas” and it is important to understand what causes them.

“Sigmoid”, I think it is important to be on the sharp upside of the sigmoid curve. It’s about getting in early in a large market opportunity. In my case, I must hasten to add, in most stocks where I have ridden the sigmoid curve up, it has been largely through luck.

"Practiced deconstruction: - If you have ever listened to someone explain a book, a movie, or even a magazine article and you wanted to interrupt and say “But I saw something that contradicts what you are saying”, than you have practiced deconstruction

No comments:

Post a Comment